Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ain't It Awful

The theme of this weeks Taylor Blog is resilience towards all the "ain't it awful" parts of our life. Yes, we have awful parts: falls, desires thwarted, unfairness, accidents, deteriorating health, but we are blessed beyond measure with beauty, family, love: Brittany overcomes, Jane endures, Nora pursues, Marc prepares, Claire continues, Jan heals, Connor's runny nose dries up, and ain't it awful fades.

I want to give a tribute to my three sons.
It takes all three to keep me going.
Roger keeps my house going; fixes things, does my taxes and loans me money when needed. Christian keeps my car going; and everyone elses. He gives me confidence as I wheel my twenty-six mile commute. Ian keeps me going: he does the groceries, the vacuuming, the floor mopping, and lots of other household tasks from grating cheese to ironing kerchiefs. I commented on this to Roger the other day and he said, "It takes a village to raise a mom."

I saw a sign: Be modest, a lot was done before you were born.

Nora send me the info on the cruise: I might, might be able to think about it at least. Dates and where to find the dreaded cost.

Here are some bucket list ideas for your consideration:
Go hunting
Take archery
Been kayaking?
Watch Elling
Get some kinky boots
Build a model: airplane, car, boat
Run a marathon
Fuchsia hair
Brew some beer or wine or moonshine
Stand on a street corner and panhandle
Feed the homeless
Get Andrew a date
Genealogy?
Horse shoes?
Kleenex art
Make a list of all the lists you want to make
Photograph fountains
Sew a bandanna
Grow a tomato or plant a tree
Bake bread
Make a movie
Get a celebrities autograph
Scuba or skydive
Paint a picture
Write something
Write your memoirs
Write a poem for your cat, mom, nature, family
Jeff alone should be good for several weeks
Adopt
Adopt a pet
Adopt a cause
Start a revolution
Cut your hair and donate to Locks of Love
Take a poll
Plan your retirement
Visit seven cousins
Donate your organs
See how many words you can make out of Chattanooga Tennessee
Plan your funeral
Go to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Or the top of Mt Rainier
or my personal favorite
Ride in a hot air balloon
or do none of the above and just continue to enjoy your life as is.

Now I am uninspired and pooped -- ain't it awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment