Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pet Peeves and Passion

I've been sick, I've been happy, I've been depressed, I've been disgruntled, I've been burnt-out, I've been ecstatic, joyful, lonely, entertained, and just about any and all other emotions available. Yep, it's been a busy month.

I OD'd on emotional candy with the pictures of Connor Roger posted on Facebook. Who knew a photograph of a little boys backside could produce such a powerful reaction. Who knew your heart could melt with a few digital pixels. Positively ecstatic.

I've been disgruntled by disgruntled people. It seemed like the last month has brought on a storm of people just under the "it's okay" bar. It seemed like no one was happy about anything, not haircuts, schedules, cookie quality, parking spaces or spouses.

I've discovered I have a pet peeve: People who don't bring their mothers to work. If they don't want to clean up after themselves the least they could do is bring their mothers to do it for them.

I've been hugging the home boundaries. Since no family came to visit The Inn at Mukilteo I took a few days off, just because, and didn't do one single productive thing, it made me happy -- although family would have been better. I think I spent three days in my tee shirt and underwear. Oops maybe too much information.

I'm having fun looking forward to Greenleaf. And some fast food you can't find West of the Cascade Mountains, Sonic, Schloztskys here I come. And I'm looking forward to family fun and fellowship, absolutely.

I've been entertained by my friend Lynn's photographs on her blog, all the Facebook posts from Southend and points west, Judy's sparkly shoes, kids going back to school, my friend Carol's condo buying adventures, Ian's baby gift tutu making adventures, Roger and Stephanie's travels, Lynn's travels, and Christian missing Bo. Sweet.

The near death pain from my degenerative disc: cervical flare up is finally under control. Now I know, for sure, what a pain in the neck really means. Is this where I apologize. The real trouble is you can't remove your neck, you can't keep from ageing, and sometimes there isn't enough pain killer in the world to make the pain go away. The doctor has promised anti-inflammatory medicine and I'll keep Christian and his marijuana stash as plan B.

I'm a wee bit burnt-out trying to take work seriously, by right and left politics, Chick Fil A politics, presidential politics, any and all politics.

Lynn and I made a pilgrimage to La Connor to the Calico Cupboard for breakfast and I feasted on the second best bran muffins in the world. I've had their bran muffins at their other locations in Anacortes and Mt Vernon -- they never disappoint. Is this a political view?

I've had fun writing birthday limericks. It started by accident with Jean and Jeff. I'm going to try to keep it going for a year. Whoo Boy!

I have a new neon pink bra -- oops too much information again, new glasses, new hair cut, new pedi, see life isn't all junk. I've given away another 100 books. I had a good birthday month. Lots of treats and attention.

Roger carries gel-packs for his training runs, rides, jogs and such which Connor is not allowed. So, I found some pureed fruit in packaging that looks just like a gel-pack and took him some. When his Momma came home she was reading the package and said, out loud, "Fruit Pal" Connor grabbed the package, and pretending to read it, said "It doesn't say 'Fruit Pal' it says 'NOT Fruit Pal.'" So now you know. He has his very own big boy gel-packs.

The junk in my life is okay because it is interspersed with so much good. You know the old adage about you have to kiss a few frogs to find a prince, well I've been kissing frogs lately. Reading a lot of average books to find the gem. Watching a lot of average, well average to bad movies, to find the treasures.

And isn't all the junk a part of life, potato peelings are part of my world. Where did I read about the peaks and valleys, valleys aren't a bad place to be. Life isn't all ecstasy and adventure like fine crystal that begins as lowly sand, is forged in fire and then polished to brilliance. Life is also about naps.

Is their anything much more satisfying then a good nap.

Oh, and I won another pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment