Friday, June 21, 2013

Love is in the Air

All you need it love
Love conquers all
and mom's favorite
Love Is...

I was saddened by the sudden death of Jeanette's husband,Gregg,  not because I knew him well because I didn't, but because I knew how beloved he was. I never, never heard anyone say an unkind word about him. Every story I heard was of how he helped and assisted everyone. I know Kathy Noland loved him dearly. And isn't it a great thing to die loved.

We all face our ground zero at some point or another and this will be Jeanette's. The power of love will help her through, help her carry on, help her survive and thrive.

Love the emotional fodder for books, movies, and music; ancient and elemental. Helen of Troy? Love the emotional fodder for life. Love heightens pleasure, alleviates grief and what more could you ask for an emotion?

Love may not conquer all, it won't make Janice walk, she has to do that herself, but it can strengthen her resolve.

All you need is love - and - food. When faced with hardship in concentration camps, on a mountain top, or adrift in an ocean thoughts turn to food, then love. Isn't it written many times over that death on a battlefield a soldiers last breath is for mom, if that's not love what is. And they say in a fox-hole thoughts turn to God, is that not another manifestation of love?

Cousin love, birthday love, love my son's, son's dinners, son's girls. I love sending cards, seeing sister's, movies and books, not music so much any more, but I can remember that kind of love.

I'm in love with my new happy tomato plant, sitting in the rain and sun.

The power of love is what makes us face a storm protecting those we love, helping those we love, finding those we love.

Love like Jerry loves Jane.
Jean loves Brittany.
Julia loves her children.

Love is..

No comments:

Post a Comment