Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Opossum = 1 -- Jan = 0

Hit a opossum on I-405 at 65 miles an hour and pay the price.

Blessings:
Ian has Triple A roadside service for me.
Stalled on the big ole scary I-5 bridge going into downtown Seattle.
No one killed me or pushed me off the bridge.
I asked the two tuck driver where was the scariest place he ever picked up a car. Here, he said.
From his sweet bed in Kenmore to me took the tow truck driver less than 30 minutes.
Big new shiny tow truck.
Brave driver hooking me up off that narrow shoulder with cars whizzing past at supersonic speeds. It was Labor Day so traffic was lite, relatively.
Insurance.
Only 1 hour late for work.
Christian is a mechanic.
Ian volunteered to pick me up and met me Walt's at 5 AM, with Starbucks.
Drove me to work.
Car totaled.

I was crying so hard I hit an animal I never realized my bumper, grill, and radiator were gone until I sputter to a stop amid all the smoke and flashing dashboard lights.

Opossum = 1 -- Jan = 0
That opossum got to go to opossum heaven
Jan got the mess

Anybody have a good used car they want to sell?

2 comments:

  1. You are OK? Just shook up? Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn scary, poor Jan, poor opossum, oh, man totaled car - wondering how many other people would have gone to work

    ReplyDelete