Sunday, October 26, 2014

Jan, a Few Corrections, If I May

Jan, a few corrections, if I may. You talked about us getting old. I was walking through the house the other day and thought to myself, I have never in my life felt old. On a few occasions, I have thought how could this be happening to someone as young as me. The bones ache, the knees hurt, the back is sore most of the time, my toes are numb, my fingers lock up, working all day in the yard is entirely out of the question, I get out of breath easily, my eyesight is not what it used to be (blind in the dark), reflexes slowed down, have trouble sleeping, artificial hearing, but I have never felt old. And thank God I can still drive. I mentioned to Jane if I lost 100 lbs I would think of myself as being invincible. And probably hurt myself. So if you want to talk about being old, leave me out of the conversation. I intend to die young. (Sorry Jan, Joe said it was to late for you) You said I decreed you march up the hill and help Karolyn chop fruits and vegetables. That is not at all how the conversation went. We were talking about Thanksgiving dinner and it was hard and time consuming getting everything prepared. I offered a few suggestions to make it easier. Green bean casserole out, a couple of cans of green beans warmed up. Homemade dressing out, Stovetop in. They make a variety of flavors. (Just don’t add turkey spam, we tried that going to Alaska, not good) Mashed potatoes, instant, or KFC sells them by the gallon. Gravy included. I have never met Mrs Smith but she makes fine pies as does Wal-Mart. Cranberry salad, lets go with cranberry sauce. Turkey and ham, put in the crock pot and forget. These time savers would allow the other campers to help Karolyn chop fruits and vegetables for her outstanding, award winning fruit salad. This is the actual conversation. Hauling the bags. I can still haul the bags, Slowly, slowly, slowly. See paragraph 1. Wiener Princess You got that part right. If ever a dog won the lottery, it was Elle. Worthless, no good, pain in the butt, noisy, snoring, takes up the whole bed (thats a stretch) Elle. The Skaget Valley Tulip Festival I would like a reservation at the Carrillo Bed and Breakfast for the month of April 2015. Party of 2, maybe 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment