Sunday, March 4, 2012

Feeling Gallumpy

I was feeling down in the dumps, gallumpy. My tooth hurts. I forgot to sign my income tax return. My finances are a little flappy right now. More snow on the horizon. Feeling sorry for myself. Feeling my age.

So, I read a little Nietzsche and found this quote. "Aware of life's terror, affirm life without resentment." That reminded me of another quote I've had hanging around for years and I dug it out, no credit listed. "She had the sophistication aquired by the deeper and more difficult knowledge of how to walk in beauty, content in a difficult world."

Nietzche again: "Become what you are."

I went outside my office building and saw redbud trees all blooming pink and pretty. An acre of tulips and daffodils had been planted around the building. My computer from Jean, Jerry and Terry is zip-bang delicious. My friend Carol set it up for me just because she likes me. I made Janice's superb New Year's Fried Rice. Raymond, from the first grade, keeps sending me musical interludes. Connor is thriving, last Thursday he told me "no" all evening long, a perfect sign of thriving, and missing his mother.

I turned to the magical moments in my life: It's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy is five of them. Maxine's wake will always linger and haunt as one of the most beautiful experiences I've had, the deep sincere outpouring of support and tradition. Listening.

Silence. The silence of wheat fields or mountain tops. The roar of the ocean. A chugging ferry ride. Long lasting gratitude for gifts and blessings. Family visits.

By the way, what is the family doing these days? Surviving, loving, driving, at work, at school, at chuch, at play? Growing, changing, pondering, wondering, being curious about life, times, music, politics, gardens?

If you want a little pink entertainment go to Onlineshoes and search fuschia, there is lots of pink sparkly shiny entertainment there. And I drove home next to a shiny black Lotus today, it made me unreasonably happy.

Me thinks I will drink a little love potion and continue to live.

1 comment: