Sunday, April 29, 2012

Outward Gazing and Inward Gazing

Outward Gazing:

Whole lotta loving going on when it is Connor playdate. I put two pieces of candy, a banana, and a wet nap in his Thursday treat tin. He ignored the candy and banana and grabbed the wet nap and went into wet nap bliss -- I think. He wanted to clean the spot off the peeled banana, the dark shadow that was part of the picture in his picture book, his chin, hands, toys and me. When we went outside he told me I couldn't sit down until he ran upstairs for his sunglasses and retrieved his wet nap to clean the chairs. Oh, he is a fussy one.

I think I will take him another wet nap next week.

I've decided Connor is part meerkat -- the way his head goes up and swivels like it is on a hydraulic lift. I have seen this action before in other animals; baby birds in nests, rabbits in fields. It must be a survival instinct of the weak. Dogs will perk their ears while cats will scan with their eyes. Connor does keep an eye on the action.

Connor got upset with Brandy just like she was a sibling. He went to his daddy and complained, "Brandy barked at me."

It's hard to be a Granny when you can't make daddy behave. If I ask Connor a question, real or rhetorical, Roger answers.

Roger has a trailer hitch but no trailer yet.

I received my income tax and gave it to my car in appreciation of it's faithful service. New tires, master cylinder, tie-rods, and an alignment, now that baby ought to purr for a few more thousand miles.

Rain in Spring is better than rain in Winter. The pink rhododendrons are blooming.

Inward Gazing:

I read a story about a man who goes to construction sites and digs up the little trees that are getting ready to be bulldozed over and then replants them.

Where does that kind of inspiration come from? Is that up-lifting or inspiring? What is the difference? Is one action and one emotion?

What makes people passionate? What makes spirits soar and souls sing? Beauty, art, music, nature, skills, quotes, adventures? I asked Ian what he was inspired by and he said Mom. I asked Roger and he said artistic and athletic feats. I asked Christian and he said he doesn't get inspired.

For right now I'm going to go with anything that makes me think deeply, anything that changes me by the experience, anything that makes me feel renewed  -- I think I am back to Connor.

I finished the Tiger book, read The War of the Rats, had lunch with Claire and all my chores are done. The computer glitch I thought was my fault and it was keeping me off the blog was actually the blog renewing itself, upgrading, so now I am back on the blogging track.

Not exactly inspiring but very very comfortable. Back on track with my car, blog, computer, Connor and inward gazing.

1 comment:

  1. I am inspired by the peacemakers,like the Dalai Lama, the multiple teachers I see like Ammachi, Karunamayi so seem endlessly kind,compassionate; magnificent sunsets,flowing rivers, moss managing to grow on concrete, coyotes skilled at urban survival, amazing works of art from manhole covers to stone chapels, A capella choirs, people who listen, and too much more to list here . . .

    ReplyDelete