Friday, December 21, 2012

A Bigger Picture

News flash; Kate Middleton is pregnant.
We had our first slushy snow and then another and maybe one more.
I can now work from home during snow. Two yeahs.
I'm a lazy Christmas shopper -- shoes and t-shrts -- that's about my style.


Ian was offered a good job at an English as a Second Language school as a registrar. It was a long hard thoughtful process, but he finally decided to accept the new position with all of it's challenges and benefits. He really loves Something Silver but felt drawn to the new horizon and opportunities, however when he tendered his resignation to Something Silver (he has worked there for ten years) they, after a long hard thoughtful process created a new position just for him.

After the new year he will merchandise all nine of their stores with a few other obligations thrown in; inventory, buying, and occasionally moving furniture, just like a man-of-the-cave. He is much more excited about the creative direction his life has turned instead of collecting funds and academia. He will have to start traveling to Florida, California, Oregon and of course Washington. He has  many new and some slightly scary activities in front of him -- and a raise.


After four years I finally lost that dern wobbly front tooth. The one the dentist wanted to pull along with all my other front teeth about four years ago, but I resisted. Now I am faced with a decision; do I succumb to vanity or stay practical and cavalier. How much do I want to spend and how much do I care -- for a tooth? A tooth won't make me any smarter dumber, or cuter for that matter, since I have pretty much passed the cute stage anyway. A tooth won't make me younger or stop the world from ending. Aren't I of an age and temperament that I can not give a flip? Yeah, I think so too.


Bo is traveling to Florida to be with friends for two weeks over Christmas holiday. As much as I want her to enjoy and experience the holiday I will sorely miss her not being around -- so we are having a small bon  voyage Christmas get together this Saturday evening. A soup and sandwiches sort of evening.

Connor has discovered the power of "Donalds, Donalds, Donalds.
I want Donalds" mantra.
Cute when it isn't your kid.
All of my Christmas shopping is complete.
All of Connor's Christmas gifts from me crash.
That boy does like a good crash.

My send cards project has been successful for two months.
Only ten months to go.

I watched Collin Firth perform naked in a movie last night, A Single Man, and wondered if Taylor has performed naked yet. Anyone know?

Jerry how are you feeling?
Brittany looks back to normal.
Tal's been fixed.
Nora, do you have a roommate or house guest?
The Taylor Christmas breakfast has come and gone.
Any one thinking of 2013 reunion yet?
Will Amber and Mark make their Valentine trip to Greenleaf?
Ray McLain wants to come to reunion next year.
I tried to book a cabin and they laughed at me.
Jeff says he is only bringing a suitcase, chairs
and a goodie box to reunion next year.
Janice's birthday is just around the corner and I am booked.

May your Christmas encompass all the moments of love and affection that turns a meal and gifts into something bigger...

... and may the crooked path of life lead you to wondrous places.

No comments:

Post a Comment