Friday, April 5, 2013

The Way a Mind Works

I guess I was just thinking of Julia. I had read about the Tracy Aviary in Utah and thought how much she would love such a place.
And
that got me to remembering that a small community north of here had a Bird Watching Festival once. Like I'm going to go bird watching? Anyway, I started looking for information on Stanwood's Bird Watching Festival for no reason other than I was thinking about Julia
and
I found all this information on Cordelia J Stanwood who was an early day, Victorian lady, ornithologist
and
found this quote worthy of sharing: ...How little it would take to blot the remembrance of me out of the world.
Love that quote.

Ian and I are trying to get passports or passport cards.
and
I'm digging around in "important papers" trying to find his birth certificate (never did)
and
found this gem from Janice. She sent it to me years ago
and
I have always loved it.
And
Sometimes it is fun being me.

If you have already seen this I apologize for being redundant, otherwise enjoy.

Tater People

Some people never seem motivated to participate, but are content to watch while others do the work. They are called "Spect Taters."

Some people never do anything to help, but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do the work. They are called "Comment Taters."

Some people are very bossy and like to tell others what to do, but don't want to soil their own hands. They are called "Dick Taters."

Some people are always looking to cause problems by asking others to agree with them. It is too hot or cold, too sour or sweet. They are called "Agie Taters."

There are those who say they will help, but somehow never get around to actually doing the promised help. They are called "Hezzie Taters".

Some people can put up a front and pretend to be someone they are not. They are called "Emma Taters."

Then there are those who love others and do what they say they will. They are always prepared to stop whatever they are doing and lend a helping hand. They bring real sunshine into the lives of others. They are called "Sweet Taters."


Connor received some ping pong ball shooter things with little catching baskets attached for Easter, a rabbit and a carrot, with the task being to play ping pong shooter catch with some one like a granny.
And
this granny, being the granny she is, showed him how to shoot plastic eggs instead, or ping pong balls
 and
plastic eggs, or Lego men, or Easter candy. We did have a good time until daddy came home.
And
sometimes it is fun being granny.

After Easter I had found a package of those old fashioned sugar Easter eggs that used to be so prevalent at children's egg hunts before the prevalence of plastic eggs.
And
I put one in Connor's treat tin when I went on our playdate. He looked at that egg suspiciously,
and
he smacked it on the table a time or two
and
he looked at me suspiciously, then asked. Why is this candy a rock?


I'm trying to finish up my five year odyssey to obtain a passport. What would be an afternoon task for some people becomes gargantuan to me, insurmountable, impossible.
And
Sometimes it is not fun being me.

Love to all you Sweet Taters and sour apples too.


1 comment:

  1. enjoyed the Taters, my word of the week is arduous, for whatever the filling and filing of passport paper has been an arduous task, I can't speak to impossible yet. . . filled out, sitting around . . . yep

    ReplyDelete