Friday, November 22, 2013

Fifty Shades of Family part II

...and finally does anyone know anything about Tal?

Has he ever danced naked, ridden a bull, jumped off a cliff, played horseshoes, played a guitar, played dress-up, played musical chairs, played nice?

...and Jason answered my blog query on Facebook. In case you missed it: Jason Taylor I have never sky dived, but Claire and I saw Richard E. Grant in London once. Judy has fed an elephant and a giraffe. Hope this helps. We love you.


...and finally I remembered my third Starbucks story; whew that hurt the old brain cells, they are still black and blue and bruised.

#3.  Usually I don't chit-chat when I ride the elevator down to go outside and smoke, but for some unknown reason I say to the dude standing inside, "I looked out the window and it is really raining." He answers in his reasonable elevator voice. "Starbucks." I look at him with a reasonable blank elevator look wondering what Starbucks has to do with my weather report.

...and he continued; "I was trying to decide whether to go to Subway or Starbucks." Mind you, Starbucks is in the building and Subway is across the plaza, down the steps, down the block, through the busy intersection, and across the street. "Now I think I will just go to Starbucks."

...he might have noticed when he emerged from the building that it was pouring down rain, but for me, I think I saved his bald head from getting wet that day.


...and Jean, I am now the proud owner of not one, but three Dream Product's bras. Thank you for the info.

...and I have cleaned out another two square feet of condo space.

...and book club list for those interested, thank you Sandy:

Dec - A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy.  A tribute to the author who passed away very shortly after writing this book
 
Jan - Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.  A story of live love and survival in the Mumbai slums.  Very beautifully written.
 
After that, maybe an Alice Munro book? Or Mary Coin by Marisa Silver which was loaned to me by Claire via Jan.
 
...and Tikki is terrific, the second best behaved dog I have ever been around. The boys will be home this evening.
 
...and Julia, Roger has a fractured/strained toe and can't run for two months. Does misery love company?
 
...and now I'm going to go clean out another two square feet of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment