Monday, September 1, 2014

Gladys Makes Me Happy

I'm just so freaking happy.

I'm happy with my home, my art, my Godzilla plant, my family, my living room animal kingdom, the idea of a cruise. I'm happy planning itineraries, excursions, cars, menus, wardrobe, routes.

I'm happy Ian cleaned and dusted. I can't brag on all Ian does for me or you would think it is child abuse.

I'm happy with Sons, Grandson, Daughter-in-Law. I'm happy with friends and book club and car. My job is okay, but I'm happy I have a job and that I can still walk uphill to get to it, barely and slowly, but I make the trudge every day.

I'm happy for all the things my family has done for me; flights, rides, and so much more. I'm happy for San Juan Island gifts of lavender. Gifts of coffee cups. Gifts of flowers, especially tulips.

I'm happy with books, libraries, teachers, movies, bosses good and bad, road trips, coffee, Ginko trees, especially in the fall when all the leaves turn yellow at the same time for a blast of brilliant color and then almost immediately they all fall together, their brilliance done for the year. I'm happy for Ginko trees in the fall and Redbud trees in the spring. I'm happy making observations random or deep. I'm happy for days off, smart phones, greeting cards, Holidays, my Carrillo connections.

I'm happy with acts of kindness even when it isn't directed at me but when I see it alive in the world. I'm happy I have been the recipient of random acts of kindness, everything from strangers sharing books on a train or at a campground to the Mississippi Queen's Captain providing me a private tour because he was the recipient of my kindness.

I'm happy for every precious son I've ever held in my arms no matter how briefly.

And Gladys makes me happy, if you haven't met Gladys come see me and you will. A most precious piece of art from Julia and Nora.

I guess I have meandered on this path long enough, some of you I will see in October and some of you sooner. Makes me freaking happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment