Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Jean and Brittany, are your bags packed?

First of all I want to apologize to Jason. On April 29th, on this blog, I wrote Summer was mourning her grandmother. I'm sorry Jason, I know you were mourning her also. I don't know how I made such and embarrassing omission. Your grandmother was a lovely woman, fun, enthusiastic, and generous. It was a pleasure to have known her.

Second I want to wish Chris a happy, happy birthday. I already wished Christian Happy B-Day, but he never pays any attention.

There are several things I did, some I need to do, and some I won't do before Jean and Brittany arrive tomorrow.

Done;
Extra coffee and toilet paper -- check.
Grocery run -- check.
Bathroom cleaned -- check
Maps at the ready -- check.
Cooked some food Brittany will love; beets, turnips, carrots, all her favorites.

Need to do:
Make an extra bed.
Wire up the air conditioner.
Plan a breakfast with friends.
Print off travel itinerary.
Run dishwasher.
Plan a meet and greet with The Connorman, and my son, what's his name.

Won't do:
Dust living room.
Dust computer area.
Dust bedroom.

They be coming and I am excited. For those of you I haven't blabbed to we have two excursions planned. A power drive to California to see the redwoods and let Brittany step onto Oregon soil. She wants to add another state to her life time travel list.

And, drive to Canada so Brittany can become an international traveler. Don't you know she has a pass port now? We were going to take the train, but since she has decided to go look/see that evil Capilano swinging bridge we will be driving. To the bridge NOT on it. Thank God it is a pedestrian bridge. We will also try to fit in the Sky Train and the Seabus. Here's hoping.

It is always so much fun to anticipate and plan for company. Jean and I have had many successful adventures during the last 20 years. Brittany? Not so many. This one is for you Brittany. So "gird your loins" and let us get ready for some travel. By the by, unless you bring it with you there will be no Randy Rogers or what ever his name is. I could probably fine classical music on NPR, but that would be about it.

Since you are visiting your fat old aunt you don't have to worry about being cute, sexy, or appealing. You won't have to worry about getting to work on time or lasting the full eight hours. You won't have to worry about work lunches, gas for your car, or letting Dax out and in. You might have to do some heavy lifting for your granny and fat old aunt, but not too much. You know, suitcases in and out of the trunk and making sure we don't walk off and leave our canes anywhere.

If we have time Jean at the tailend of the Oregon drive I'll take you to The Cottage Bakery in Long Beach for some Sailor Jacks.

So Brittany, pack your boots and flipflops and I'll see you tomorrow.

Who is coming next? I am retired you know.



From my friend Mary -- thanks Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment