Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busy

The world is busy and sending me messages.

I had calls today from Oklahoma, Arkansas, California, Owasso, Midwest City, Fort Smith, Newport Beach, Norma, Maxine and Josephine.

I received the message from the Cosmos, now who am I supposed to call?

My friend Carol is busy sewing, crab fishing, going to the beach and library, busy messing about with her nephew Jacob. Sandy is practicing her Habu Sake Dragon boat rowing skills, going to JA Jance book signings and bike riding. Mary is busy with her granddaughters and helping Lisa build her house. Lynn is toddling to the waterfront, wharf walking and taking photographs. Claire is busy in her yard, I know because Ian has been helping her. Kathleen and Sandy volunteer for dogs, people and causes.

My sons are moving furniture, hauling groceries, walking the dog, biking, hiking, shopping, being with friends, going to movies and going to boat/RV shows. Stephanie is working out with her friends with a personal trainer.

My family is doing water aerobics, gardening, driving, walking and messing about with grand kids. Julia is hiking the trails and Jeff is staying one step ahead of her. Nora is working out -- sort of. Folks are going to plays or concerts, gardening, weeding, swimming and just in general keeping busy.

Me? I clipped my fingernails.

Last of the Food Rules:

Pay more eat less.
Eat less.
Treat treats as treats.
No snacks, seconds or sweets except on days beginning with the letter S.
The whiter the bread the sooner you're dead.
Eat like an omnivore.
"It's a good idea to add some new species, and not just new foods, to your diet. New kinds of plants, animals, and fungi."

I bought some ground cherries. They were new. Never heard of them, never saw them, never ate them. Everyone liked them, Connor loved them. Sort of a cross between tomatoes and kiwi. Related to the tomato and tomatillo. From Mexico.

Ain't life grand. Do Rah Zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment