Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Ian

It's Ian's birthday today, I went all out and took him to The Mongolian Grill for lunch, the $7.99 blue plate special. Yesterday I baked him brownies in 90 degree weather with out air conditioning. You are only that stupid for love. He deserves it though, he cleaned all the fans and vacuumed, hauled in and put away all the groceries, hauled out all the trash and recycle, unloaded the dish washer, drove the car, delivered the rocking chair to Mary, made arrangements to work in Claire's yard, and would be happy to spend his birthday evening with me if he didn't have more interesting plans with friends. What was I saying about love?

I was talking to Roger on the phone and said something about Ian's birthday and Roger said, "Oh sh_t." Do you think he forgot?

Happy Birthday Ian.

Sandy, I missed reading the book club meeting recap on your blog. I loved the new photos though. My sister and niece are visiting in a few weeks and we will be headed for that same Hurricane Ridge for our own photo ops. For those of you who don't remember Sandy has our entire book club reading list on her blog. The entire list. All eleven years. Don't seem possible.
Sandy's blog is:
http://sandy-lifeisbeautifullifeiscrazy.blogspot.com/

Book club recap:
We all loved our Sherman Alexie book.
If you haven't read him, do so.
Book club forecast:
I took Angle of Repose back to the library unread.
Too hot to read that dense.
Somebody was waiting for it so I couldn't recheck it out.
Probably somebody from book club.

Picasso is coming to the Seattle Art Museum, I guess it will be quite a collection. I might rouse myself and go see 150 collected works from all periods of his career most from his private collection of favorite pieces including photographs sculptures paintings drawings and such, I might, if the tickets are less than twenty dollars. I won't have to drive downtown because I will already be downtown working. Lucky me. The adventure is pushed back to mid-September.

Today's Food Rules:

It's not food if it's called the same name in every language. (Big Mac)
Have a glass of wine with dinner.
Don't get your fuel from the same place your car does.

Just trying to keep my cool here in sweltering Seattle.

Life isn't always a cool drink of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment