Sunday, August 15, 2010

To Err is Human

More Food Rules from M Pollan:

What should I eat? (Eat food.)
What kind of food should I eat? (Mostly plants.)
How should I eat? (Not too much.)

However if you feel like sinning here are two killer recipes, pun not intended. Just because they add to cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, weight, heart problems, and everything else doesn't mean they can't be enjoyed. To err is human, right? Mr Michael Pollan, himself, said you can eat anything you want as long as you make it yourself. I'm sure he meant "melt the marshmallows" as making it yourself and "pour into chocolate crust" as making it yourself. Anyway enjoy.

From Mary's delightful daughter Colleen -- thanks Colleen it was worth the wait.

Orange Pecan Cake

2 c cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (I always leave the salt out so the recipe will be healthy)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c olive oil
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs orange zest
1 Orange diced (good healthy fruit)
1 c chopped raisins (good healthy dried fruit)
1 c chopped pecans (good healthy nut)

325 degrees, 9x12 pan, I don't have the time, probably about 40 minutes, but I'm just guessing. Half of my recipe is missing so use your best judgment.

Mix dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients.
Beat well with zest, fruit, and nuts.
Again, my best guess.

...and...

This recipe came from Bobbie Fortener, a very reliable source. Thanks Bobbie. I use Seattle Chocolates and it is ever bit as good as Frangos. Or any other brand of good chocolate truffles for that matter.

Frangos Chocolate Mint Truffle Pie

8-12 oz Frangos or Seattle Chocolate truffles
12 Marshmallows - large
1/4 C of 2 cups whipping cream
Remainder of whipping cream whipped

Melt marshmallows & Frangos with 1/4 C of the whipping cream. Blend in "whipped" cream and pour into a chocolate crust.


So, angel on one shoulder and devil on the other, which one will it be which one will it be?

I'm off to the Farmer's Market to buy some good healthy veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment