Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Visit

The visitors came and days, miles, meals later the only thing I bought with my money was a cup of coffee at The Gathering Grounds in Forks Washington.

Thank you Cathy for the sweet treats/treatment.

I've napped, rested, slept, reclined and watched my two new movies, The Secret Book of Kells and The Good Woman. Both watchable.

Ian took care of all the extra blankets, sheets, pillows and beds. I paid the bills, started the laundry, ate some of the left overs yesterday and the remainder today. The companies gone, I guess the trip is over and I don't have to dust again any time soon.

Driving around the county side with Jean and Cathy, I saw people doing what I do. Working, driving, eating, viewing, traveling, seeing what there is to see, what there is to do, and going to the places to go to. People being people. It's amazing how similar people are. Cars are cars, bridges are bridges, and views are views. It's amazing how different people are, Jean and Cathy even held it together when the man in the high heel shoes walked into the restaurant.

Cathy loved the Columbia River ferry boat crossing, the Astoria Bridge and the Northhead Lighthouse. They both loved all the little eateries Lynn and I have spent years finding. I want to remind you all, Lynn and I ate a lot of bad food finding those places.

All in all Cathy had a little driving, a little viewing, a little shopping, a little eating, a little buzz, a little tragedy and a little tranquility.

Final quote of the trip from the movie The Merry Gentleman: It would be a wonderful world if we were always at our best."

Thanks for the memories.

1 comment:

  1. Well, my first comment is the movies were "watchable"?? Huh. Yes, we have eaten our way through a lot of mediocre food. Thinking of Rock Salt, empty Denny's where vacuuming had more appeal than their only 2 customers - us Had twinges of jealous hearing about Beignets and Bennetts(yummy prime rib), grateful not to cross that old Astoria Bridge though

    ReplyDelete