Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me

Now Brittany knows how to make me happy: Here is her facebook post for you all to learn from:

Happy Birthday to the most quirkiest, unusual, sometimes kooky and mostly wacky great aunt Jan i know! see you in October, hope your day is as wonderful as you! love you!

What a day I had, starting with my note, drawing, and card from Ian at 4 am, then the rain over Seattle and the drunk truck weaving down the highway on the way to work, he should have been on the wrong side of the road. The Larsen's Bakery Kringle on the way home that was sugar delicious. I haven't eaten the whole thing yet, but I plan to. Calls cards and messages galore. Lunch with Jo-Anne from work also delicious, Olive Garden, and she only had to speak to the manager once. A bad movie, Chaplin, with Robert Downey. A bit more of my Lincoln book. I picked up The Alchemist from the library on Mark H's recommendation but haven't started it yet. Whales from Jeff. Lots of whales from Jeff, now I am addicted and he will have to send more. So besides turtles I now have a fantastic whale collection. Ian can turn the old fashioned screw on earrings into lovely drop pierced earrings. Thank you Jeff, I still love you more than bacon. My birthday meals have lasted for a week and will continue through Friday. The temperature never got over 72. Yep just about perfect in every way.

I also got whale earrings from the Bowman's, but that was a thank you for the taxi ride and not happy birthday. The taxi ride was just a little wild, so I reminded them that when they come to Seattle they are in for an extreme adventure not a mild one. And Tal I went down the wrong side of the road the second time on purpose -- yeah right.

Little things add up to great blessings and I felt them all. Sometimes life is beautiful.

You know you are a Taylor when you go on an Alaskan cruise and fuss because you can't get coffee before 6AM. Wacky Kids. And Nora and Andrew felt the pinch of no Internet service out over the Pacific Ocean. Wacky Kids.

So, to all you Wacky Kids out there: I love you more than bacon, more than Turkish towels, more than a Kringle from Larsen's, more than dirt, more than luggage, more than cell phones, but not more than Connor.

Connor who had a sweet little temper tantrum because his daddy said no. No to what you ask? No to yogurt. I said Roger most parents bribe their kids to eat yogurt and you are telling Connor no! Well it seems that if Connor gets yogurt first he won't eat his dinner. So there you have it.

I love you more than yogurt.

Roger and Stephanie did have a great time doing the Ragnar run. He called it a frenetic, fun, rolling, athletic circus. Sandy, since you have signed up for a 5k, maybe you and your colleagues can sign up for a Ragnar. Talk to Roger. It turns out that eating and sleeping, or not sleeping as the case maybe, in the chase van is fun. It seems that three-hundred teams of twelve running from Canada to Langley with each team having two vans is fun. Maybe, if you have enough bananas.

I love you more than bananas.

Claire goes for her PET scan today for a tumor check. I'm going with her to see the doctor on Monday for the results. She said I don't want to be alone if it's bad news.

May you always have a companion when you hear bad news.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment