Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hip, Hip Hur-ray and Sail Away

... And has everyone had happy birthdays? Jean, Jeff, Tal, Curtis, Laura, Nora?

We will be having a good birthday soon, right Amber? As for me I'm ready for the big six-five. I can handle it, I have my medicare card and am ready to get old.

Kathy Noland wants to come to the Pacific NW to see the whales, I figure I qualify.

The Bowman family have sailed North to Alaska. I picked them up at the airport and only got lost four times getting them to their downtown hotel. Roger's truck was a dream to drive if a tad biggish -- but that is what was called for for the extra large suitcases. I'm not going to mention driving down the wrong side of the street. Poor Tal!

My twenty-four hour play date with Connor starts tomorrow night as Roger and Stephanie do their 250 mile Ragnar run. What's a Ragnar run? Well it is some kind of 12 member team effort relay race. Each runner completes 3 or 4 legs of the race running about 5 to 10 miles each leg. That's all I know folks, except you eat and sleep in the chase van and it is supposed to be lots of fun. FUN? I'll get back to you on that.

I'm planning a son's dinner for my birthday. I decided it would be a vegetarian meal; all fruits and vegetables. Ian was alarmed. Christian said so I'm supposed to eat before I get there. Roger and Stephanie took it in stride. I'm planning Aunt Fanny's Squash casserole, green beans and new potatoes, noodles alfredo, humus and sushi, fruit and whip cream, and peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. I'm hungry all ready.

We heated up to almost eighty degrees the other day, still overcast with wee sun breaks and steamy. My empathy goes out to all you suffering from the heat. I understand cooler air is on the way.

Art is home from hip replacement surgery and doing well. I talked to Janice and she said Art is a pretty good patient but she is getting exhausted being the pretty good nurse. He is having a lot of pain in his neck and shoulder, probable due to using muscles he has never used before.

The therapist who comes twice a week said Art is one of his top 5 patients. Art is really working hard. The three big don't's were: don't cross your legs, don't lean over more than 90 degrees, and don't twist. He is house restricted until further notice. Has to sleep flat on his back so he usually sleeps in the recliner.

Like I said Janice says she is exhausted and Julie is a trooper. Jacquie and Julie prepared a special coming home from the hospital meal; a taco bar.

Art goes back to the doctor on the 27th. Janice said even though there was lots and lots of bruising that the wound looks pink and pretty, the incision is about 7 to 8 inches long with 17 to 19 staples.

Now if he could just go poop.

Love to all, may you have good bodily functions for all the rest of your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment