Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Countdown Has Begun

I thought I would start a Greenleaf countdown but it seems I am hours and days behind. Par for the course! The whole world will get there before me, except for The Connorman.

I plan on spending a lot of time looking at Connor, watching Connor, admiring Connor, and just in general enjoying Connor as he experiences his first Taylor Family Reunion. It's going to be good. Can't wait.

I won't be at Greenleaf until next Wednesday, but things are still heating up around here. Roger and Stephanie leave for Colorado and Ian will house set while they are gone. Then I leave for Oklahoma and Ian will house set and watch both homes until Roger and Stephanie return. Then He leaves for Florida the day I return from Oklahoma/Arkansas. Whew, after that Roger and Stephanie and I will be on our own. Bless the child.

One time Tal said truckers don't eat where the food is good, truckers eat where the parking is easy. I had two hours between work and book club; to rushed to go home and come back, to much time to just sit and wait. So I found an easy place to park with mediocre food and had a mediocre dinner. Book club was great though. We read Stiff by Mary Roach a book about what happens to bodies after they die and some of their scientific uses. Interesting, but not for everyone.

At book club last night I had to confess my sin of absolute resistance to anyone telling me what to do. I was nailed on that one. Everyone knows me too well. And I have been that way for as long as I can remember. Gotta love Jan.

Gotta love Julia: She plans, organizes, walks, thinks, enthuses, volunteers, and grumbles a bit about her fellow man. Gotta love Julia. Can't wait to see her.

I'm making Jean's new crockpot lasagna recipe, can't smell it yet. She told me she would have food for Wednesday night and Thursday morning so me and the family didn't have to worry about the grocery store first thing. Gotta love Jean. Can't wait to see her.

Gotta love Jeff: he is bringing the kid snack stash and an adult snack stash and a big ole comfy camp chair for me. Gotta love Jeff. Can't wait to see him.

Then there are the teens, the car wreckers, the five year olds, the Texans, the walkers, the fishermen, the book readers, the campers, the collage students, and Connor checking it all out. Gotta love reunion. Can't wait to see you.

Yep countdown has begun and I'm in on it.

See you at the campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment