Friday, October 14, 2011

See You In Oklahoma

It was weird saying goodbye to Roger, Stephanie and Connor last evening and telling them, "See you in Oklahoma." Weird.

I picked Connor up for our playdate and we drove to The Spotted Cow to meet a friend so I could show off Connor. She took a dozen adorable photographs of Conner and posted them on facebook.

All Connor wanted was the blue blue blue colored bubble gum gelato. I asked the clerk if it was any good and she shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, all the kids love it." Then in the play area of The Spotted Cow, I said this is pretty icky ice cream and the other mothers said, "Well the kids love it." And Connor did indeed love it. He kept trying to dig around my vanilla for his bubblegum. I'm still learning to be a better Granny, next time it will be two cups not one.

Since Connor and I were otherwise engaged, Roger joined Stephanie for one of her training workout runs as she prepares for the half-marathon she will be running in Las Vegas this December. Actully both of them are going to run, Roger said it is a midnight run down The Strip. Now does that sound like fun to you? I think they are really looking forward to this trip although I can't imagine why. Vegas baby Vegas!

After their workout run they stopped for a romantic, if sweaty, dinner at one of their favorite dives. That's okay Connor was pretty worked up and was still shooting me with his Duplo Blocks gun.

See you in Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment