Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Art Urges

Like tree sap rising in the spring I keep feeling art urges, creative urges pushing at my boundaries. They are possessing me like some kind of demon from beyond. I'm thinking of taking up drumming or doll making. It's just that getting any creative engine started is hard.

I keep getting inspired to create or organize, and both are burbling, but neither has surfaced all the way up.  Julia with her organizing and running, Mary with her drumming, Lynn with her organizing, Carol with her creative everything, Sandy with her dragon boating, even Roger and Stephanie with their mad running is inspiring, but my wavering flame hasn't bloomed into full blown creative fury -- yet.

I wrote a poem for Cara recently, does that count? I'm making Indian Tacos for Son's Dinner -- thank you Cathy for the inspiration. The beats of my heart continue: family, sons, friends, work, book club, all the maintenance work of living, and of course The Prince, The Connorman, but somehow I have reached the point of wanting just a little bit more creativity in my life. I think I have reached the limit of creative sitting.

Roger has given me a metal bookmarker for Christmas for years so today I shopped for a 12x18 cork board to display them on. Lucky me, Hobby Lobby had an 11x17 for 5.99 so I designed a layout that looks really good. That is a creative burble of some kind. I made toast. I won a pair of cowboy boots. I admired Mt Rainier this morning on my way to meet Claire.

When Mr Rainier pops out it lifts my spirits to heaven. I haven't seen it for six months and we are expecting two days of sunshine and clear skies so I might go look at it again tomorrow, just because, just for inspiration.

I recognize creativity, I admire and appreciate creativity, but my own personal creative edge is dull. I watched Werner Herzog's Cave of Forgotten Dreams if cave men can be creative so can I. Right? I read creative books, I joined creative Ian and his creative friends at The University Village sidewalk sale, I have a new frog sitting at my window, I have my two creative ceramic pieces from Bo sitting in my living room. Creativity here, there, and every where, but not a drop to drink.

I sent Christian an email and asked, "Are you and Bo still you and Bo?" Seems so, she will be here Sunday for Son's Dinner. Poor dear, I told Christian to warn her I'm not too fancy, dinner on your kneecaps sort of thing. One step above trailer trash ought to just about capture the reality of the situation. Do you think a native Korean will like Indian tacos, talk about cultural shock. I know she is the creative sort, now I just hope she is a creative sport.

I have a loose screw. Seriously, I think my shoulder surgery has come un-glued, or at least out of alignment. This is a new shoulder surprise of unmitigated pain. I'm pill popping until the doctor appointment and then we shall see just what kind of loose screw I am.


Besides leaking and creaking I keep dropping things. Does anyone else have this condition? Is it age related or Jan related? Just wondering. My mind still lurks around here, there, and every where.

No comments:

Post a Comment