Friday, May 24, 2013

More -- Fnding Home

More -- finding home.
Amid collapsing bridges, bombs, fires, shootings, explosions, tornadoes, and other disasters. Home is a good thing to have

I saw a Norwegian airplane at Boeing -- it will soon find its way to its Norwegian home.
Lynn has returned to her blogger home after months absent.
I-5 Skagit river bridge collapse will effect a few going home moments, 71,000 cars a day use that bridge and two cars were affected -- go figure.

More "Home" books/movies:
The Boxcar Children -- classic
Glass Castles
Kathy Bates movie; A Home of Our Own
Janice's favorite; Angels in the Outfield

Going home: the anticipation, relaxation, family, pets, mementos, potted plants, junk.
Janice needs to be going home. I'm traveling south on June 13 just to look her in the eye.
I don't want her going to her spiritual home just yet,
unless she insists.
Going home can mean after death, returning to your own heaven or paradise.
As you will recall, Mother was ready to go to this home.
More than ready.

Finding our way home.
A light in the window.
The horse knows the way.
Someone waiting.
Someone who cares whether you walk through the door.
The girls in Cleveland who finally got to go home.
Home is where you wait and worry when a loved one doesn't come home.

A place where you breath easier, relax better, eat what you want.
A feeling of safety envelopes you.
Security.
Trust.
You don't need four walls for that, a tent or mud hovel will suffice.

Home is family, being welcomed, being missed, being enjoyed, being understood, or at least accepted.
Lost on the road of life and finding an emotional home.
Looking for a home.
They told a story about when the Taylor family made the big move from Texas to Oklahoma way back early in the century and stopped somewhere along the way and strangers gave them "store bought" crackers. Aunt Voleta said she couldn't even eat them because she kept thinking, "Ain't got no home now."

Making new homes.
New hope drove settlers across the ocean, across the prairie.
A white picket fence or a Gilbert farm house.
Home can be a motel room as mine was for many years.
A tent like I did for a summer.
A fantastic 99 cent tube tent -- what a joy that was.

Home the safe place on every board game or sport.

Connor comes stomping into my home in his new cowboy boots, looks me in the eye and asks, no, demands, no commands "Are we going to book club?"
"No" I answer.
I just thought he wanted to play with his granny.
"Well, we will next time."
Yes sir.

For our playdate I had set out some wine corks for Connor to play with. He looks at them, looks at me, and asks, "Granny have you been drinking wine?"
"No" I answer, "I put them there for you to play with."
"Granny, they don't make any noise."
Yep that was a granny failure.
I said, "Well you can throw them," so he did for about 3 1/2 minutes. Yep, that was a granny failure.
No book club, wine corks that don't make noise and to top it off I didn't have a yellow glass for him to use the yellow straw in. I might have redeemed myself a little when I had a red straw for the red fruit punch -- thanks be to Jane for the straw gift. Saved this granny that time.

This home stuff gets complicated.

Jeff says he is only bringing a suitcase, chairs, the goodie box, hot dog skewers, Vienna Sausages,  booze and his cast iron dutch oven to the family reunion next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment