Friday, July 26, 2013

Something Good Going On

Something good is going on:

Even though as I was trying to simmer the marinade for my chicken lunches for next week I kept turning down the wrong burner and my marinade kept boiling - jeez -- I hope it's something good.

I woke up to roses, cards and Aplets and Cotlets, compliments of Ian. Aplets and Cotlets for those of you who do not know is a Washington candy made with, yep, apples and apricots. My favorite, even though lots of folks think they suck as a candy. They are this gooey gelatin stuff with fruit and walnuts covered in powdered sugary stuff. What's not to love. Value Pack, the big size. Yes, I'm having them for breakfast.

It's my birthday and all is right in my world. My little world. My little world that nothing much ever happens in. Sons are alright. Daughter-in-law is alright. Girlfriend Bo is alright. Connor is spectacular. Work is alright, car running smoothly, books and movies at the ready, and keyboard is clacking away.

I talked to Janice and she said nothing much happens in her little world. Well, they are talking going home in as little as two weeks to no longer than 39 days. Something good is going on.

I talked to Jerry and he said nothing much happens in his little world. Everyone and everything is fantastic. Something good is going on.

I talked to Jean and she said she is just hanging around while the girls blow and go.

My friend Mary is off on an adventure and it's just been announced she has a new grandchild on the way. Her life is good.

My friend Amanda is able to join a mission trip to Ethiopia and is stunned, scary silly and excited beyond comprehension. She was lamenting that she was feeling anxious and I said, that's what you should be feeling before such a big big event.

I know the world has lots of unhappiness and loneliness, but not in my world and not today. We are always alone in our head, alone in our skin, but my world today is bursting with something good.

I'm going to the dance program that Bo designed some of the costumes for, talk about good. And on a work night, yeah, I'm excited. A real life artist doing real life artist stuff, yeah, I'm excited.

Something good going on and no crisis' and disasters is the best place to be. Life just easing along like a smooth running river.

Connor explained to me how to play t-ball: you put both hands down and SCOOP up the ball, you stand at the plate and WHACK the ball. I said well what happens then? He looked and me kind of funny and said you RUN.

Sounds like a good formula for life. Scoop it up, whack it into it's proper sphere and then RUN with it.

Have a "something good going on" kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment