Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Success

Jean my passport card arrived, I am official, I can travel by land or sea to seven different locations including Canada. No air travel allowed on this card. Thank you! Your birth certificate is in my possession and will find its way to you as soon as possible. I could drive to Canada today if I wanted to.

My social calendar today, however, is full. Dentist in the early AM, drive to Ballard for the oil change I keep putting off, see the tall son, have breakfast with Claire and then play time with Connor. It has been a week since I have seen Connor.

I tried to see Christian on Monday when I got off early from work. I didn't call I just drove over with all the traffic, through all the road construction, at least the high school was closed so I didn't have to contend with teenagers. And it was in the heat of the day. Walt's in Ballard was slammed with customers and then I remember Christian doesn't even work on Monday. Hoo Boy! I drove on past.

I pulled into a Safeway parking lot and texted Christian to see if he wanted to do breakfast since I was in the neighborhood, but he wasn't home. So I started my long trek home with all the traffic, through all the road construction, around all the detours, hey it isn't easy to travel from Ballard to I-5.

In Mukilteo I contended with all the traffic but took advantage of not working and made a few errand stops then finally came dripping on home.

Speaking of getting off early, Onlineshoes.com is in the dog days of summer with not much Internet or telephone traffic. They are reducing hours. I volunteered to take a short work week. For the next 4-5-6 weeks I will be working Sat, Sun, Mon with Tue, Wed, Thr, Fri off. I guess that makes me kind of semi-retired. Now I have the time to go to Canada just not sure I'll have the money. I guess I will just have to read more and watch more movies. How did I get so cursed?

Janice thinks she will soon be released to go home.
How is Nora's move?
When does Taylor become a Texan?
Andrew, seen any good movies lately?

My tomato plant has fourteen tomatoes, everything from the size of a pencil eraser to two inches diameter or more and it is huge. It is taking over the deck. Silly me, I didn't get a tomato cage to plant it in, which I now regret, so I have it tied to my windmill, rather unattractively I might add. Yellow birthday package ribbon. I tie it up and it grows another foot, I tie that foot up and it grows another. I'm not entirely convinced it isn't a man eating plant and waiting for me to relax my guard. Is anyone else afraid of their tomato plant? How can you tell if it's planning to attack?

In Connor's treat tin last week I took him a nectarine and some Panda cookies, his day care teacher handed him peanut butter crackers and gummi fruit as we left. He didn't eat his dinner and his parents wondered why. I kept my mouth shut, my head down, and kept playing ping pong ball catch with the little angel.

The fog is up to my back window.

Facebook, now Facebook is a mystery. I put some pithy comment on FB and get seven likes. I put some goofy picture of my sons on FB and get twenty-seven likes. What gives?

Bo and Christian have invited me to join them for the Ailuran show by the Cabiri dance troupe. The Chaldean Oracles "Around thee darts the lightning flame, then all things will appear to thee in the form of a Lion" Christian isn't too thrilled with the Buto portion, but Bo assures him that is just part of the program. The show is based on some mythology, I forget which culture, and Christian likes mythology. Me? I'm just looking forward to a night out with ones I love, seeing the costumes Bo designed, and staying up past midnight -- maybe.

I haven't heard Roger or Stephanie mention any major runs they are preparing for. Maybe they will be settling in to the dog days of Summer and taking it easy for a while -- naw -- never happen.

So that sums up my days and nights and days and nights. I hope yours is more exciting or less, which ever you desire.

Book club - check.
Sandy rowing her Dragon boat - check.
Lynn walking parks - check.
Mary at Flathead lake - check.
Ian beloved - check.
Connor adorable - check.

Here is to the dog days of Summer, with love.

1 comment:

  1. you beat me in getting the passport card - mixed emotions on your work schedule, reduction in income sounds hard, and if I had the same offer on my job, would snap it up in a heartbeat. Wish I had my passport card in hand. think a roadtrip is close at hand, do have a little vacation time on the books, yes FB is a mystery

    ReplyDelete