Thursday, June 26, 2014

And Another Life Lesson is Learned

The life lesson learned this morning is always go to the skin doctor before you brag on the blog.

It is skin cancer.

Not the bad kind, the good kind. The kind that doesn't kill you even if its been there for twenty-five years. Actually I'm a little miffed about that. I have been going to the doctor two or three times a year for the last twenty-five years and no doctor ever mentioned skin cancer. I've have even asked about that spot on the side of my head, more than once, and was patted on the top of my head and brushed off with "it's nothing."

Granted I was seeing the doctors for colonoscopys, you know, the other end of the body, broken shoulder, close but I was stupid with pain, the wee heart attack where the doctors were on the look out for different sorts of symptoms. I guess I will forgive them. Especially since it was my sweet little doctor now who said, I want you to go get that checked out, it is getting bigger. Bless her wee heart or I could have gone another twenty-five years. Well, actually it is doubtful I will last another twenty-five.

Dr Jack, real name, biopsied some, froze some and will discuss the rest later. He said I will look pretty ragged for a while but all the ugly will eventually flake off. All the ugly frozen parts, not the ugly rest of me. Off the nose, off the forehead, off the cheeks, off the lip. The frozen ones were pre-cancer, not cancer. Of all the cancers I deserve, this isn't one. Of all the cancers I could guess I would get, this isn't one. Of getting a really good perspective on life when I was focused and whinny on being held accountable for "average call handling time," this is a good one. Not too scary, not too deadly, not too in-operable. Yep, I'll take this one, perfect for perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment