Thursday, May 7, 2015

An Evening With Connor

After Connor explained to me, in detail, he is all about detail, what a googleplex is.

After he told me I was wasting water because I had inadvertently leaned against the water fountain tab.

After he told me the other Connor in his class is a bully.

After he told me his Lego class was awesome. He was one of only two kindergartners all the rest of the class was older. The other kindergartner was Leo and he wasn't very good building their pirate ship so Connor helped him. Sweet child. And that no one was a bully. Sweet child. Connor said there were more than six attending, Roger said it was closer to twenty.

After all the chit chat was over we didn't play Legos,

Connor announced he was going to teach me how to play Pokemon. He sat me down and explained it was going to be a teaching moment. He wouldn't let me touch his best Pokemon cards, the best ones he was saving until I was ready for a more challenging game. He showed me the coin flip, the evolved group, the basic group, the training cards that are used for training purposes, and allowed that I was in fact training to play.

He told me to write down all the rules, but I have to admit I am still very wobbly on how to play Pokemon.

When Roger asked me how much Coke I had left in my Coke can, I swished the can around and said it was about 1/3 full, Connor explained and demonstrated how all I needed to do was run my fingers down the side of the can until I came to where the can was colder due to having Coke inside up to that level. Connor showed me, precisely, how much Coke was left. Sweet child.

When Stephanie started to reach for the Veggie Straws chip bag so she could have a few more, Connor took it away, folded and clipped the bag, and proceeded to put them away in the pantry. He explained if his mother kept eating another handful there wouldn't be any for a treat the next day. One handful was enough for any mother. He finally relented and let his mother have an additional snack with her evening meal. Stephanie explained that Connor seldom gets any kind of chip snack and that accounted for his being overly protective. Sweet child.

An evening with Connor that delighted this granny.



No comments:

Post a Comment