Friday, May 15, 2015

Day three of a lazy do nothing day.

Jean kept quiet when I turned in front of a fellow driver. And the other driver just honked instead of crashing into me, thank goodness. Anybody else come visit I'll drive bad for you.

Thursday we went plane watching at Roger's location at Boeing before we went to breakfast. No accounting for entertainment tastes in some of us.

We had an awesome breakfast at the Rusty Pelican. Jean discovered a biscuit that is as good as any we have every had anywhere. Jan now knows where to go to finally get a good biscuit in the Pacific Northwest. That was our restaurant entertainment -- like we are want to do. Fabulous. Anybody else come to visit I will take you to the Rusty Pelican.

I was needing a packet of Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip for a new recipe I wanted to make and QFC didn't have it, so Jean and I went to the Central Market close by the restaurant. I was sure they would have it, they have everything. Well, no packet of dip, but I discovered a whole new side of Jean. 

Jean in a new grocery store is like a kid let loose in a toy store. She was awesome and found the most awesome tidbits and treats. Things I wouldn't have noticed in twenty-two years. We came out with lots of new, different, enticing, unusual, locally made treats: bean dip (roasted chipotle bean dip, made in Portland) bread dipping sauce (artichoke/caper/olive oil bread dipping sauce made in Seattle) bread (pesto pan tomato roll from Pinks Bakery) whole grain fig newton type cookies stuffed with peach/raspberry/strawberry/blueberry, a cupcake as a thank you for Ian that is beyond description. It was shaped like a soda fountain ice cream Sunday complete with a waffle cone cookie tucked in and a cherry on top. We love Ian. Any one else come visit I will let you love Ian also.

We passed on the kale chips which Roger swears are delicious. That was entertainment grocery shopping. Anybody else come visit I will take you to the Central Market. It is a really good thing we went after breakfast instead of before when we were hungry.

Ahhh, the continuing saga of old lady adventures in Seattle. We always make it home in time to take a nap before we head out again.

We headed out again for book club. Brittany had asked her granny what we had planned and Jean said book club. Brittany said, "How exciting." I think more than a little yeah-that-sounds-old- lady-ish. Jean added that the next day we were going ferry hopping, Brittany said, "That sounds like more fun." And off we will go ferry hopping today. Anybody else come visit I will take you ferry hopping.

We are now socked in with fog up to my back window.

Come Sunday Connor is going to have an official introduction to our official "Cookie Lady". For the rest of his life he will know who the "Cooke Lady" is. Can't wait, and I promise he won't have to eat spinach cookies. Everyone should have a "Cookie Lady."

No comments:

Post a Comment