Friday, July 2, 2010

Dreams are Funny Things

I had a dream that wasn't mine. I woke up and said, "This isn't my dream, it belongs to someone else."

A dream about a row of people lined up in an auditorium explaining their second chances like some game show. Nope, not my dream. Now, I've had some unusual dreams, but this one wasn't mine, I think it belongs to Will Penny. Let him know I have his dream if he comes looking for it.

I have funny dreams, my days of horrific nightmares are over, but I still have funny dreams. Once I dreamed a table of contents so I could pick the dream I wanted, the most appropriate dream for that night. That was a good dream.

I have dreamed a list of credits at the end of a dream listing the image in the dream and what it symbolized. You, know like Julia Roberts = Miss Emma, Yellow Brick Road = confusion.

When Eddie Bauer was decamping to Canada I dreamed I was an itty bitty airplane on a gigantic aircraft carrier that was slowing sinking into the sea. I didn't dream credits that night and woke up thinking, "Hum odd dream, I wonder what it means?"

Or the night I dreamed Lynn and I were at some magnificent wedding feast, and then later the same night I dreamed we were at some conference or something, and in my dream Lynn said, "I'll give you twenty bucks if you will let me go back to the first dream."

Dreams are funny things.

I have pink-eye, not a dream. Saw the doc yesterday. Claire is coming over for the Fourth, she has to work, I have the day off. Roger and family, with friends, will be in Whistler, Ian will be house sitting their abode. What is your favorite restaurant in Whistler Jerry? They are looking for a nice night out. On the weather report the temperature is supposed to climb to sixty-five today.

I haven't read a book for a month. I think it is the first time ever in my life, well since I started reading, that I went thirty days with out reading a book. Thirty days, I'm kind of stunned by this fact. I don't know, maybe these blasted trifocals can be blamed. I started The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, started it, loved it, but didn't finish it. I have a stack of books that I intend to read. I have now started Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book and am loving it. It's a children's book so I might finish it. What a clever, creative, talented, exceptional writer Mr Gaiman is I reccomend his Good Omens about the end times, or Star Dust, he is a writer of adult fairytales. Very good.

Well, going back to sleep to see about finding my dreams.

Life isn't always a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment