Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Music, Movie, and Cookies

I took these cookies to work and they created a sensation: everyone loved them, many wanted the recipe, they were a smash hit and I got all these kudos for making such yummy cookies.

Of course I didn't tell anyone Ian actually made the cookies and I didn't tell anyone it's Jean's old standby cookie recipe that she has been making for years, but just so you know EVERYONE loves "Popcorn" cookies. One lady asked me if there was actually popcorn in the cookies because she didn't taste any. I explained how it was a family nickname -- she still looked puzzled. I guess not everyone has a Taylor sense of humor.

Thanks Jean and Ian for making me look good.

I didn't send out a single Christmas card, but thank you for the many beautiful cards I received from one and all.

I didn't send Christmas cards because I was a little distracted and out of focus this holiday, but right now I have finished a delightfully weird French Christmas movie, the cookies are baked, and a new Christmas CD from my friend Carol is playing. Thank you Carol for sharing your Uncle's CD, and thank you for sharing coffee, the delightful book for Connor you so thoughtfully brought for him, and your new little surprise Grandbebe, Stella Jean. She is indeed all sweetness and light.

Music and movies and babies and cookies can certainly pull you back to some of the best parts of Christmas. Tomorrow is the dinner with the boys, the girl, and the friend. And ain't that supposed to be how it goes? Family and friends sharing the blessings of the season.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. You have to tell me who didn't get the "popcorn" ha ha! I worry about some of the people we work with.

    Merry Christmas to you and the family!!

    ReplyDelete