Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yes....this is Amber

Good morning, Spirit of Maxine bloggers! I know I'm using Mark's sign on but it was simpler that trying to create my own. :) Things are crazy here in Edmond. I'm taking a very rare day off without the family. I have a few days I have to use before the end of the year and I decided it would be great to use the time to get ready for Christmas. As if I could get this ten foot long to do list done in just a couple of days...

I promised a recipe for Jan and she has been reduced to threatening me through Facebook chat to get it. I didn't know she could sink that low but even at my age, I still get surprised.

Here it is (warning...it's FATTENING, DELICIOUS AND ADDICTIVE)

DELICIOUS CHILE-CORN DIP (that really is the name of the recipe)
3 11-oz cans sweet corn & diced peppers, drained
1 7-oz can chopped green chilis
1 6-oz can chopped jalapenos, drained
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 8-0z container sour cream
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
16 oz (2 cups) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Frito scoop chips for dipping

Mix all ingredients except the corn chips together. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Eat with corn chips.

This recipe makes a huge batch but, trust me, it can become a single-serving very easily! YUM! This is the kind of recipe I now tell everyone is "against my religion".....

Christmas breakfast last week was delightful. As always, my mother sets a beautiful table, the food was delicious and the conversation lively. With the Taylor kids, the conversation normally turns to what trip can be taken next and where they want to go.

Taylor is busy finishing the semester. Can you believe he is about to start his second semester of his Junior year? Busy working at Hideaway and juggling his first real Christmas where he has to handle "her family" and "my family". An adjustment for all of us.

Hannah went to winter formal a couple of weekends ago. When she was "revealed" to Granny, Grandpa, Dad and brother, her Grandpa and Dad said "NO, SHE ISN'T LEAVING THE HOUSE". She was beautiful! If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will.

Blaine is wrestling. He works out for a couple of hours every day at wrestling practice and his body fat is around 7%. Every time I hug him, I wonder about how awesome it would be to have such a body....

Last night, we drove to Wichita to celebrate Jordan's birthday and attend the Transiberian Orchestra with Marc/Jenn and Mom/Dad. We had a great time. The show was almost three hours long. Dad was excited because it was his first "rock concert"! We left Wichita around midnight and rolled into our house about 2:30 am. The kids have semester finals today......so I guess I won't be voted the mom of the year again this year.

Well....on to the list. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Jan, enjoy the recipe!

Love you all bunches and bunches!

Amber

1 comment:

  1. If you're interested, I calculated the "serving" calories for the cheese corn dip and chips and it was 5679

    ReplyDelete