Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Farts

It was a dark and stormy night here in Mukilteo; the wind blew, the rain blew, the water rose, the snow visited a few days ago. We have had four inches of rain this November and two inches of it was yesterday. I'm glad I don't have to drive to work for the next three days, or wade through any more standing puddles the size of Manhattan.

Storm # 3 is moving in right now after storm # 2 and # 1 and in front of storms # 4 and # 5. There is ten inches of new snow in the mountains with four feet of powder, I'm glad I'm not a snow boarder, truck driver, hiker, snow shoe-er, search and rescue team member, or traveler over the passes for a Thanksgiving holiday.

When I wrote on the blog about all the dogs at The Taylor Family Reunion I neglected the elder statesdog Maggie. How could I forget sweet sweet Maggie? Age I guess. Sorry Maggie, and all you Harris family members who love her. She is about as much trouble as a marshmallow.

I made some fantastic Pear Butter, but after cleaning all the bubbling gallops that bubbled onto my floor, stove, cabinets, micro-wave and refrigerator I probably will never make it again. Damn it is good.

Saw a great movie, finally, Un Prophete, a French gangster prison mafia movie, fantastic. And re-watched Elling, such a great enjoyable sweet movie.

I think melatonin is helping me sleep -- thanks Julia. Oh, by the way, in case none of you noticed Jeff has hiked a few more trails, and if I know Julia she hiked right along beside him. Hiking walking woggering fools. Julia are you up and running yet, or at least walking/jogging?

Has anybody tried the new chocolate filled candy cane yet? I bought my first one but I haven't cracked it open so I don't know how it tastes, but I do love the idea of it. Some people are so clever.

I made a tasty broccoli cheese omelet for breakfast, now that's what you can do with left over steamed broccoli.

I am sou chef to Stephanie's Thanksgiving dinner this year, well, actually Ian is sou chef, I'm just filling in with vegetables and desserts. It will be a lovely gathering of family, friends, book clubbers, and colleagues. Did I ever mention to you what a great cook Stephanie is? I think she is a little overwhelmed by the growing guest list, but game. Roger keeps telling her he can set up enough tables so every one will have a place to sit down. Stephanie doesn't do the scoop it out of a pot on the stove and use your lap as a table sort of dinner. I love Stephanie.

Ian had the nicest compliment. When Something Silver's general manager came back from the grand opening of the Disney World store, he said when the Disney executives did the final walk through for opening approval, and they are very strict, they said it was one of the very best merchandising jobs they had ever seen at a new opening at Disney World. That's my Ian. From the Disney executives lips to your ears, that's my Ian.

So, after Ian gassed up my car, made the library run, did the grocery shopping, the hauling in of said groceries, the laundry, and part of the cooking, I will now get busy and do my part for the big Thanksgiving day. See why Stephanie wants Ian as sou chef instead of me.

Now, as to farts. I have it on good authority that the average human being farts 7-10 times a day. So get ready for a fun friendly family Thanksgiving dinner -- then relax.

Love from Washington to all you Okies, Arkies, Texans, Californians and whom ever else needs a little love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment