Monday, November 14, 2011

My Heart Goes Out

My heart goes out to:

Sandy, my friend and fellow book clubber. Her brother, the director of Crazy Stupid Love, had a flu shot and became paralyzed. He will probably walk again after a year of intensive rehab.

Claire, my friend and fellow book clubber. A colleague of hers at AAA with failing health committed suicide recently.

Stephanie, her Aunt Carol's daughter and husband were found dead due to a homicide and then suicide.

Cully, my friend and Eddie Bauer colleague lost her sister several days ago.

Kristopher, a young employee at Onlineshoes was killed in a car accident yesterday. I only knew him by sight, a very tall lanky intense young man. He was in charge of all the video productions.

And then Amber's Facebook message about Tyler. Who doesn't remember Taylor, Taylor and Tyler at the family reunions. The smart, sassy, funny trio of delight and adventure. What a beloved person he was in our midst, smiling, willing, full of joy at the freedom and dirt that Greenleaf afforded him. Fishing, running, hiking, eating -- he did it all with gusto. A part of the web of our family history, our family stories.

It makes me sad, and my heart goes out to all their families. To all who loved and were loved by them.

Take care of one another, with love and affection and tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment