Monday, November 28, 2011

Taylor's poem in honor of Tyler Paul Groschick (1989 - 2011)

He taught me to shoot left-handed lay-ups
He taught me how to kick a soccer ball
He taught me how to throw a football
We played a lot of sports
He taught me how to hula hoop
(Well he tried)
He taught me how to turn book stops into prized possessions for your action figures
He taught me how to make a picnic in your house
We did weird things
He taught me how to get home from school
He taught me how to make a fort
He taught me how to play Mario64
We were the poster children for children
He taught me how to be a friend
He taught me how to be a son
He taught me how to be a brother
We learned about relationships
He taught me how to destroy your brother's Lego castles
He taught me how to be a protective brother
He taught me how to be responsible while Mom is away
We were the "Oldest"
He taught me how to reconnect after 10 years
He taught me that time doesn't change us like we think
He taught me that true friendship doesn't end
We were more than just childhood friends
I will think about him all the time
I will tell my children about him
I will be a better person because of him
We are brothers.

1 comment:

  1. I am Diane Singleterry,Taylor and Tyler's aunt, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete