Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dallas

From Taylor

Dallas
The city of big shoulders...well not exactly, but we're closer now that I'm here.
The big apple? Eh, I'm more of an orange guy myself.
Show me state? No misery here.
Land O'lakes? Only if you count the man made ones.
Hollywood? More like Holly won't...too many ten gallon hats in these parts.
Driving from point A to point B?
As my good friend Andy says "It looks like they took a bowl of spaghetti, made up street names for every noodle, and built a city."
I ain't from around here.
School started Monday, let me tell you, there are some talented people here. (Don't worry, I'm one of them, my mom tells me so.)
I'm sitting at a sports bar right now, "my" football team is playing on ESPN right now...it's pretty cool...I don't own anything red or anything that says SMU on it...I guess you could say I need to work on my team spirit a little bit.
My friend Sarah and I were able to find the "secret" parking near campus, a secret I have been very quiet about, but apparently Sarah has some loose lips.
My acting classes have a lot to do with "using how you feel in the moment" for me everything's the same, every day- I miss Blaine and Hannah, that's how I feel.
Remember when Grandpa told me they'd be my best friend some day and I laughed? He was right.  Josephine, Jean, Janice, Jerry, Julia, Jan, and Jeff- I get it now. Pretty soon you don't like anyone as much as you like your siblings.
Living alone is a good time- until I get home and wonder why Dad didn't get the dishes done so I could make dinner.
Remember that time I was 6'4" and was able to do a hand stand at the family reunion this year. Well you will. Ballet ain't got nothing on watching my big ass tumble across the floor like a 16 year old Russian gymnast--except for the fact that I assume I'm much more sore afterwards.
Is Dallas good? It's great. I can get used to three more years of this. Then, who knows? Ain't youth fun?!
The older I get, I realize not every family is as good as mine. A girl told me the other day "My family doesn't hug. We barely even touch." Call me jaded, but I thought "What a sad life-to never hug the people you love the most."
So give yourself a hug from me, and the person next to them. Let them know I love them. And if you see Blaine and Hannah-tell them I miss them and love them and can't wait to hug them myself. Oh! And that they will always be able to tell people about their weird actor brother.
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment