Thursday, October 29, 2009

Too busy having fun to have much more

This is Mark responding to whoever is out there reading this stuff. We Harris’s were all touched by Jan’s opening remarks. I am proud to have been Jan’s Inspiration, although I think that distinction is better credited to this blog’s namesake.

Having not had the privilege of meeting the wonderful Miss Maxine, I am at a bit of a loss; nonetheless, I believe I know her all too well. From the photos I've seen I recognize her smile and rosy cheeks to be the same that I see in all of the Taylor women I have grown to know and love, most notably my own Amber and Hannah. Amber always says that her granny would have loved our beautiful red headed Hannah. I see her intellect and kindness in the Taylor Women, all of whom are pretty much smarter and more caring than any of us men they’ve chosen. I see her cantankerousness (if that is even a word?) in her sons, grandsons, and great-grandsons -- I only wish I could have been there for Jeff’s Joke. But most of all, I see her love of family and friends in all genders and generations of her off-spring, which is evidenced by the fact that more two decades after her passing, her family still makes it a priority to spend time together over a Green Leaf camp fire.

As for our part of the Taylor (and Harris) clan, no sooner had we left the park did we start planning for our return trip(s). In 2009 we were blessed enough to be there three times – February, July and October. In 2010 we may just need four trips to get our fix. We’ll be back in February (Amber and me only – thanks to Hannah and Blaine’s Granny and grandpa) for a long valentines weekend in cabin 13. If any of you plan a surprise visit, I would only suggest you not enter before knocking (sorry kids, I just couldn’t resist). We’ll return in mid March for spring break week where we hope to take it even easier than we did in October – if that’s possible. We’re not sure about July yet, we just might have to fit some work in somewhere around all of these vacations.

Speaking of vacations, we’re heavy into the planning for our Christmas in the Bahamas cruise, a first ever for our family feat that will be complicated by the fact that we’ve got Thanksgiving in Andover with the most gracious Marc Taylor Family, followed by a two week stint for me at the university of Tennessee in Knoxville after which we’ll cap it all off (yes, the pun is intended) with Amber’s graduation from St. Gregory’s University on the 19th (of December). So you see, we have a very full calendar.

As for the Christmas breakfast, I’m not sure what Amber and the kids will do since I’ll be miles away in Knoxville on the 6th, but we’ll hope for the best.

In closing I’d like to say thanks to Jan for making this blog possible and for channeling Maxine’s spirit to all of us to provide an ample supply of inspiration. Hope all are well and stay that way. Love, Mark (also for ATH &B)

1 comment:

  1. Mark, is there no end to your talent; engineer, cook, artist and now writer. Thanks dude.

    You said it all except why are you going to be in Knoxville for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete