Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life often not a tidy experience

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned the hard way that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next." Glida Radner

We know from experience life is not tidy. And yet, how many of us live as though we have all the time we need to do what we want with our lives? Jason Lehman of Universal Press Syndicate said it this way:

"It was spring, but it was summer I wanted, the warm days and the great outdoors.

It was summer, but it was fall I wanted, the colorful leaves and the cool, dry air.

It was fall, but it was winter I wanted, the beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.

It was winter, but it was spring I wanted, the warmth and the blossoming of nature.

I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted, the freedom and the respect.

I was 20, but it was 30 I wanted, to be mature and sophisticated.

I was middle-aged, but it was 20 I wanted, the youth and the free spirit.

I was retired, but it was middle age I wanted, the presence of mind with limitations.

My life was over, but I never got what I wanted.

I've asked some of my favorite people what we should remember so we won't waste what time we have.

We all make mistakes, so learn from them.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Quit being surprised when life takes an unexpected turn and don't waste your time saying, "Why me?" As quickly as you can, get the help you need to meet the challenge.

If you cannot have a wonderful week or a wonderful day, look for wonderful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment