Friday, August 26, 2011

Milk Poem

When I was in College I worked at the buy 'n bye convenience store across the street from campus.  One very very slow snowy Sunday morning I saw a note from the manager that said, to receive credit, we were supposed to tape a note to an item that needed to be picked up by a vendor. That morning I had a customer return some sour milk, and the poem below was my note that I attached to the milk carton.

Her lips wer set for utter nectar
   On that you can rely
But when she sipped, it almost decked her
   she gave it another try
This time her buds cried out in fury
   I thought she would pass out
But then I told her not to worry
   It didn't smell that stout
With that she dared I take a swig
   And with no hesitation,
I drank it down just like a pig
   Then needed medication

If you don't believe this milk is sour
   And that we deserve a credit
Than why'd I write for half an hour
   And why have you just read it.

Markspere

No comments:

Post a Comment