Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer of Movement

What a wonderful summer. The summer of movement...
Tal, Andrew, Nora, and myself MOVED all the way to Seattle and Alaska for 10 days. What a memory!
Brittany MOVED to the University of Arkansas.
Jean & Catherine MOVED in with me (temporarily). Thank you Britt for giving Granny and Aunt Cathie incentive to visit Bella Vista.
Catherine MOVED my newest household member (Jasper the Jaguar) out from under my bed and enticed him upstairs for all to admire.
Nora & Zoe the cat MOVED to her wonderful loft in Downtown Fort Smith.
Andrew and Millie the cat MOVED into a perfect one bedroom apartment close to the Springdale Holiday Inn.
Jerry & Jane MOVED to Roaring River State Park in an attempt to find some relief from the OKC heat.
But, what a wonderful summer and it's not over yet. Nora came up for the weekend for the final push to get Andrew moved and vacated from the old apartment. Tal is due home today around 3:00 pm and is not expected to MOVE again until Tuesday. Jerry and Jane are (as far as I know) still at Roaring River. Jeff and I may run up there today for a chit chat.
I must admit to becoming a little complacent with my "tiny little life" to use Jan's phrase. I like getting up early, exercising, going to work, walking after work, eating, sleeping, and doing it all over again. Sometimes it is good to be really and truly shaken up. New places to visit, new things to do, new restaurants to try, new people to meet, and new paths to take.
I am wonderfully, gloriously, happily... Pooped.
Julia

1 comment:

  1. You know what they say, it's the journey, not the destination. For some, the journey is within, and the destination is contentedness. You are blessed to be one of those people.

    ReplyDelete