Wednesday, January 18, 2012

All I Know is What I Read: part II

Want some snow?

I just read that the Cascades are getting 80 inches of new snow.
Eighty inches!
I can't even imagine it.

We have had 3-5 inches here in Mukilteo and more falling as I type: Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, everything is white, slow moving or not moving at all. My bridge is clear thanks to old Bob upstairs, he does a great job. Ian will also do it, but he hasn't come home for several days. It's easier to stay downtown with friends then travel North to snowy Mukilteo. Yesterday while Mukilteo was turning into a winter wonderland Seattle was unscathed. Different story today.

I know 3 - 5 inches isn't even a sneeze in Minnesota, Alaska, or up state New York, but it got my attention.

I'm getting too old to have the anxiety of weather watching. Yesterday as I sat in my downtown cube it was rainy, it was snowy, it was sunshiny, it was wet, it was dry, traffic moved fast, traffic moved slow. Me, trying to take care of customers while all the time thinking "eeek, I have to drive home." I went in to work an hour early to help out and it was wet, I came home at 3:30 and it was wet - but the farther north I drove the lower the skies, the whiter the air, the more accumulations around and the whispery snow was falling. I slid up the last bit of 76th street and into my condo parking lot hidden under six inches of snow and parked under my sweet carport -- home safe at last. What a sweet sweet feeling to know I didn't need to move again until Saturday morning when back to work I go.

Then Ian called and said, "The news advised to move your car out from under carports due to the wet heavy snow. They can collapse."

So here I am, snug with electricity, fresh baked blueberry muffins, a nice yarn of a book to read, a movie or two for watching and thinking of you instead of snow.

May your day be snug, fresh, and nice with a thing or two to entertain you.

1 comment:

  1. so did you move your car . . .
    and here I was thinking you probably got to telecommute
    guess maybe I coulda made into work Wed, but watched one too many spinouts on the TV weather coverage, first time to miss work due to snow

    ReplyDelete