Monday, January 23, 2012

I Was Happy to Hear the Drip Drip Drip

I was happy to hear the drip, drip, drip of melting snow. The snow started at about 2 pm Tuesday afternoon when I parked my car. The snow piled up and piled up and piled up all night Tuesday and all day Wednesday, Thursday and most of Friday morning until about 2 pm Friday afternoon when warmer weather and rain washed that snow right away. It was practically all melted by 4 am Saturday morn when I left for work. Oh life is good.

Sad to say my life was pretty much the same snowed in as it would have been not snowed in. I live such a tiny life.

I read 1400 pages on my snow hiatus. By the way who recommended the book The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story? Who ever you were, thank you.

Now I'm dreaming of:
A long slow drive across the state with Lynn.
A visit to to Flathead Lake in Montana for a slap happy trip with Mary.
A trip to the the bottom of the Grand Canyon for an adventure with Carol.
Rediscovering my creative groove. I seemed to have misplaced it.
A glimpse of a yellow daffodil like Julia posted on her Facebook page.
To make it to The Crystal Bridges American Art Museum.
To see Mr and Mrs Carrillo once more since they are getting on in years, 90 and 96 years old.
To go to Amanda's pie party with pie in hand -- check -- did that.
A play weekend with Connor at Kayak Point's yurt village.
Sorting photographs for a special project.
A little sunshine.
Picking up my reading pace,
Slowing down the pace of life passing by.
Hummingbirds.
Birds flying North.
Completing some overdue thank you gifts.
SIFF the Seattle International Film Festival.
A new movie by a local headlined at the SIFF; My Sister's Sister.
New movies, good movies, good books.
Lunch, dinner or coffee with friends.
A Son's Dinner sometime in February.
Janice's birthday.
A party for Janice's birthday.
An invitation to everyone to come to Seattle for a Janice's birthday party.
Janice can come also.

I'm not dreaming of space travel, dieting, football, a prince charming, surgery, or fungus on my toes.

Song snippet: "I'm not trying to tell you how to do it, I'm only saying put some thought into it." The name of the song is Be What You Are by the Staples Singers from the movie City Island.

A random word search on Google for "awash" turned up a city in Ethiopia, a river in Ethiopia and lots of Awash restaurants all over America including Seattle. Who knew?

May your day be awash in good books, good movies, good food, good songs, good dreaming, and a dearth of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment