Monday, November 9, 2009

Instructions for the Blogging-Challenged

Don't let the Internet Superhighway claim you as an innocent victim! Follow these easy steps for blogging and you can continue to lead a stress-free, blog-full life!

To make a comment under your own name:

1) On the right hand side of the page, under Followers, click Sign In.
2) This will lead you to a log-in screen. You do not have to have a Gmail account. You can set up an account using your existing email and password.
3) Log in under whatever email/password you choose and it will direct you back to the blog page.
4) Locate the post that you want to comment on and Type your comment in the blank provided.
5) Under Comment As, select the Google account that you are logged in as and Voila!

To make a Post under your own name:

1) You have to be invited to be an author on the blog so you can either go into the settings under Jan's account and figure out how to email yourself the invitation. Or (if you would prefer) you can reply to this post and I'll send you the invite.
2) After you have accepted the invitation (You don't have to have a Gmail account for this either), you must agree to the Terms of Service and select Accept! You are now ready to post! (Side note - you can adjust settings to display a picture or description of yourself!)
3) Now that you are logged in, you should be looking at the Dashboard. In the middle of the screen there is a big button that says New Post. Click it and you are ready to post as usual!


Happy Blogging!
Nora

P.S. For those of you who will be in Bella Vista for Christmas Breakfast I can walk you through it first hand. I can also help with Facebook pages (Aunt Jean I'm looking at you!), Myspace, Skype, iPhones, or almost any other technology platform that causes grief.

4 comments:

  1. Ok Nora, If this comment gets posted, please send me the invite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora, I'm ready for and invite, so I can be an author on the blog. Thanks for all your help. I did lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, on the last comment, I need to correct the last line (I NEED LOTS OF HELP).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOPS, another mistake I thought I had signed in as Jean, on the Nov 12 comments. I guess I need lots of help, Nora. I will see you on the December 5th in Bella Vista. Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete