Friday, November 13, 2009

Quote, Quote, Quote

Fun stuff, being able to put other folk's ideas and thoughts on the family blog:

From my book club buddy, Carol:

p.s. I am loving your Blog even if I don't know all the players. I feel a little voyeuristic even if there isn't nudity. Loved the Home Depot story. That would be me!

From my little chef friend, Amanda:

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies, disguises, and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you

~Jonny Diaz - More Beautiful You

From my book club buddy, Sandie:

Book Review
Has anyone read Expecting Adam by Martha Beck? It is the story of a Harvard doctoral candidate who is on the fast track to academic success. When her 2nd child is born with Down's syndrome, everything she knows is turned upside down. This is a mystical, spiritual, and incredibly life-affirming story. Oh, it is also hysterically funny in parts.

This has been a three son week. Had breakfast with Christian at 2:30 the other afternoon. Ian was able to join us at I-HOP. Roger repaired my heater just in time for winter. Last evening was my play date with The Connorman, Connor was happy to see his granny and we played Granny-In-The-Box for much of the evening. Stephanie is glowing as usual. Connor deserted his granny in a hurry when mommy came home, but he came back after he received a spot of loving attention. Connor now lives in a "gated" community. He is locked away from the dog food and water, the bird cage, the trash, the pantry, and a tempting escape route up the stairs.

A friend's father has been diagnosed with end-stage leukemia and mortality always makes my thoughts maudlin. So here is oozy love coming at you, Jan


No comments:

Post a Comment