Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Power of Clan, Tribe, Family -- Pride

Pride, yet another name for one type of family.

Belonging is the gift of our race. The gift we receive when we are born. We are born into a group whether it be Taylor's or lions or some other form of identification. As we grow we embrace other groups that enhance our power and pride, we are born human, American, Okies, but join bowlers, readers, cyclist, birdwatchers, and yes, even actors and engineers.

I feel pride when ever I see an accomplishment in which ever group I am aligning myself with, I didn't do it, any of it, but I get power from the pride. So today I want to honor my pride in my family. The tribe I am most proud of belonging to. Taylor Pride. I didn't plan it, earn it, work for it, nor do I probably deserve it, but it is mine and I claim it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family, I hope yours is loving and fulfilling; no arrests, fights, hurt feelings or food poisoning.

May Connor smile, Hannah glow, Jean heal, Brittany laugh, Amber not study too much, Clark win something, Janice complete her crossword puzzle, Julia get a compliment, Tal rest, Stephanie tease, Jeff communicate across the pond, Summer cook a dazzling meal, Art walk, Jerry read, Jane quilt, Chris drive slowly, Michael enjoy a turkey leg, Blaine text, Taylor perform, Marc take a break, Dan enjoy family, Claire do what ever Brits do on American Thanksgiving Day, Danielle be with friends, Jonathan relax, Cathy shop, Mark compose a blog, Jordon dance, Jack race, Nora exercise, Andrew screen, Jason drink a beer, Judy giggle, little Cheyenne coo, Josephine enjoy the day, Jennifer sing, Scott and family have seconds, Jacquie and Julie email, Benjamin bounce, may all the family members not around be remembered, may Roger, Christian, and Ian help with the cooking, serving, eating and cleaning of the Thanksgiving dinner, and all of us remember how Thankful we are for family.

I finally ran out of things to say, so here is a sentiment compliments of Kathy Noland.

May your stuffing be tasty

May your turkey be plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have never a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment