Friday, November 5, 2010

Addendum to Yesterday's Post

The fantastic dip/spread recipe I put on the blog calls for caramel drizzled over the top. Drizzled not dribbled. But I just stirred it in, I didn't like the dollop of caramel in one bite, trust me it's better stirred in. It's delicious stirred in. It is fantastic.

Isn't a four ounce recipe cute? In our family four ounces is a smear not a recipe. I'm used to making dip by the gallon, not by the ounce, so be sure to Taylor size the recipe.

Repeat after me several hundred times:
Jean is not the matriarch
.
Jean is not the matriarch.
Jean is not the matriarch.
Jean is not the matriarch.
Nor is she the favorite child.
Nor is she the perfect child.
Jean is not the matriarch.

Jane made the most mac and cheese for the most grandkids
most of the time.
It might have been every meal.
Dunno about that.
If Jackson asked, Jackson received.
Kathy was a pale second place.
Amber had the best hat, by far the best hat.
It might be the best hat in the world except
she told me about her peacock hat,
but that one I never actually saw.
Technically I guess Art would have to rank as the sickest, not Jerry, due to the fact that the little blood clots floating around in his lungs kept him away for the first time in how many years.
Sorry Jerry, you just were relegated to second place.
Enjoy it, you'll be in good company with Kathy.
Second place is nothing to be ashamed of.

Roger and Stephanie are going to California next week for the Carrillo's seventieth wedding anniversary. Seventy years -- every one is second place to that.

So, they needed some props for Halloween at work.

They needed bones and I had some.
They needed skulls and I had some.
They needed body parts and I had some.
The needed animal pieces and I had some.
They needed blue hair and I had some.
They needed trolls, gnomes, and monsters and I had some.
They needed other ghoulish stuff and I had other ghoulish stuff.
Shark vertebra -- got it.
Dead scorpions -- got it.
Snake heads -- got it.
Turtle shells -- got it.
Jaw bones -- got it.
Teeth -- got it.

Then they called me weird -- go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment