Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday Outing by Julia

Jeff, myself and three of the Kenneth Lane Street People left Bella Vista at 8:00 a.m. in JEFFREY'S EXCURSION & OLD FOLK'S VAN and headed south for a hike at Lincoln Lake. We stopped at Praire Grove Battlefield for a bathroom break a quick look-see for the out-of-towners whom had never been there. The potty break was imperative because Lincoln Lake, in Lincoln, AR is a city lake with no bathrooms! The lake is a beautiful horseshoe lake and we have seen bald eagles there in the past, but not today (sad face).



We started up the rocky arkansas trail to the dam with Colleen & Wayne (the baby retirees) in the lead and Diane (the informer) and myself bringing up the rear. The hike was 4 miles up, up across the dam and around the Piney Loop trail. We went down along the lake and messed around the bluff area and all the nooks and cranies and just plain pretty country.



The next stop on the tour was Tontitown and the new Tontitown Winery. One of the Ranalli kids of Ranalli Family Produce (Cathie, you will recognize them) is trying to bring winemaking back to Tontitown. I know my job is to ensure the success of anyone trying to live a dream, so I found a nice Italian Red table wine I was able to buy.



We had lunch at AQ Chicken House in Springdale and meandered north to the ruins of Monte Ne on Beaver Lake. Monte Ne was a resort from 1901 - 1930 ish. I had heard that the lake was so low you could see the old ampitheater which is normally under the Beaver Lake waters. I had heard wrong, but it was fun anyway.

Then back to Bella Vista and a Razorback Football game on TV.

I am sitting in my Treehouse and admiring a full moon over the treetops, Tal is due home Wednesday, kids are due Thursday, Jeffrey & my Thanksgiving plans and shopping (mostly) are finished...Life is Good!

Happy Thanksgiving and Love to all....Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment