Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet and Sour Liver

I'm looking everywhere for my sweet and sour liver recipe ( thanks Amber) so I can cook it up for my family at reunion. Sweet and sour liver for everyone. Just a thought.

Can we have a red underwear day? Or red shoes, or at least a red hat day? With all the OU and UA paraphernalia floating around I'm sure people can secure a red hat. Just a thought.

I was trying to figure out a game for the family to play at reunion and you all know how bad I am at games, so the game thinking turned into story telling thinking. I'm going to ask for stories so come prepared. You might have to tell a story about Summer or Jacquie or Cathy or Taylor or Jason or Christian. Just a thought.

Or a kind words day. I know this family is snarky and sarcastic, but maybe, maybe, just once sitting around the campfire we can say a kind word about the person on your left. Yes, even if it is Tal. Just a thought.

I hope Connor finds a turtle. Maybe I'll offer a prize to a turtle finding family member. Someone who can wander a little further afield than Connor and his granny. Just a thought.

I hope Nora finds an owl. She will have to offer her own prize.

Mark, per your blog request for T-shirt ideas, I think we need a Taylor Family mascot. Something bullish, fattish, hot dog eatingish, maybe a little fishingish, cookingish, nappingish, camp fire sitting aroundish sort of mascot. My favorite quintessential photograph of the reunion is last year's photo of Jeff -- relaxing in the camp chair. Its on last October's blog after the reunion. Or when the boys fought over leaves. Wasn't that Clark and Blaine?
Or "Connor's Staff" t-shirts works for me. Just a thought.

Also Marc I was asking about symmetric molecular quantum mechanics because I'm reading this book Andrew mentioned. You kindly offered you and Marc taking a shot at teaching me, but if the truth be known I don't really want to understand it, I just want to wonder at it. However I'm glad there are nephews in the world who do understand it. Thanks, you'll be my hero for a while.

I know Brittany's hero is usually her daddy, but who is every one elses?

Fried balony or phony balony soup? Just a thought.

My kitchen counter has some strange looking purple type fruit sitting on it. It looks half like a plum and half like a tomato. Ian must have brought it home last night. I'm thinking about waking him up and asking him, What the heck is this? But I guess I'll let him sleep a little longer, after all he does haul in and put away all my groceries for me. I don't want to upset the balance here.

My weekend is looking busy.
Yesterday I met Claire at the optical place to help her select new eye-glasses, yes she asked me, but rejected the orange and gold ones I thought were perfect. Nice dinner at The Ram after though.
Thursday instead of a playdate I'll have a playday with Connor. Babysitting duty, the folks have to work and the day care is closed. Oh woe is me...
Friday I'm off for a visit with Lynn, I haven't seen her since June I don't think. Anyway we'll do breakfast/lunch and maybe a drive. Always a pleasure.
That means I have to do everything else today. Cook my food for next week, get the laundry done, watch my movies, finish my Andrew book, and blog -- so here you are.

Blogs done.

Chocolate! We could have a chocolate day/evening! Then after the chocolate feast, THEN we could ask everyone to say something nice about the person on their left. Just a thought

Reunion is on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment