Sunday, December 13, 2009

Seven Smiles, Three Thoughts, and a Mother Poem

Random Thoughts for the Day: From my Little Chef Friend Amanda, from her friend Christopher, from his friend Jim. The wonders of the internet...

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.

There is great need for a sarcasm font.

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

I can’t remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

Bad decisions make good stories.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

Mother Poem,
Healing Conversations by Nance Guilmartin: Thanks Lynn

When Mom Leaves

When she is gone
in a flash,
unbidden,
there is a loss
like no other.
You see
when Mom leaves
there is a center missing
as if the universe
has lost its gravity.

Everything,
everything falls apart
for awhile
until the universe
of our lives
finds a way
back to center.
And somehow
while there is no force
holding it together
the way it was --
somehow
we are
whole again
in
the
middle
of
it
all.

No comments:

Post a Comment