Thursday, December 31, 2009

Second Best

Remember how Jeff always says that what ever he is experiencing is the second best ever; he says this because he is sure somewhere in the world there is one better and until he has experienced all of them he will content himself with the thought that he just indulged in the second best.

Let me introduce the second best dip ever. Ian's new dip recipe. Mind you my friend gave me the recipe and I bought all the ingredients (it costs a fortune) but since Ian did the mixing and baking he claims this is his recipe. I remember me and mother having the same argument with me in Ian's position. Its amazing what a little perspective will do for you, Mom was right!

Jalapeno Artichoke Dip

3 - 8 oz pkgs cream cheese
1/4 cup mayo
2 cans diced jalapenos
1 can diced chillies
2 cans artichoke hearts (not marinated)
2 - 3 bag shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat over to 425 degrees
Mix cream cheese and mayo together
Add chopped artichoke hearts
Add jalapenos & chillies & Parmesan cheese
Bake 20 minutes in casserole sprayed with Pam
Stir and bake an additional 15 - 20 minutes till golden brown
Serve with crackers, chips, or the second best bread you can find

I swear this makes almost a gallon of dip. I thought the recipe was too large until I saw Stephanie threaten Roger with a knife telling him to just back away from the last little bit of dip.

I also made Brittany's Sopaipilla Cheesecake Pie at the same time -- sinful for sure. You should have seen me carting off a trunk full of cream cheese from the market. People were looking at me funny and my Marine buzz cut hairdo had nothing to do with it.

Enjoy New Years Eve with or without the world's second best dip.

Last blog of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment