Thursday, March 18, 2010

Barking Frog

Well, the San Juan camping trip didn't happen, but Jan's 2009 birthday dinner at the Barking Frog did happen. Amazing.

They called their ambiance romantic, humm, maybe, I didn't think it had ambiance of any kind, romantic or otherwise, or atmosphere, or charm, or view, or much of a waiter, but it was amazing food. I didn't know what half of the menu was describing. What the heck is Orecchiette or Rapini? I dunno, noodles and something, but earthy, yummy and flavorful. My dinner consisted of:

Roasted Beet Salad, Orange Supremes, Toasted Hazelnuts, Laura Chenel Goat Cheese, Vanilla Honey Drizzle

Chicken Leg Confit &Toasted Wheat Orecchiette, Cipollini Onions, Butter Braised Carrots, Rapini, Chicken Demi Butter Sauce

Chocolate Molten Cake, Woodinville Wine Infused Ganache, Hazelnut Ice Cream

AMAZING, all due to the Dine about Seattle special that was running for the month of March, and my friend Lynn, of course. Thanks Lynn it was amazing.

I was disappointed by the fact we can't camp on the 12th and discovered disappointment is a funny thing, it isn't devastating but it is the blahs, it kind of drags your heart down and you have to beat your wings a bit to rise up again.

So, I had a crawling race with Connor down the hall way: he won and my knees are still killing me. I won't be doing that again in the near future. Roger did my taxes, they are DONE. I had coffee with Mary, lunch with Ian. I made an emergency pant run to University Village the day Ian forgot his pants. There is a story there that I will have to tell you later, the good part was it was an exquisite day, the sun was shinning, I saw Mt Rainier all the way down, I was yanked out of my rut, and I was able to admire Ian's first designed window. I haven't seen Christian. Stephanie went on her annual spa weekend with her mum and sis. I haven't a clue what I am doing on Easter. And Stephanie sent me the link to Connor's photographs. Roger and Stephanie had a professional photographer follow Connor around for a few snaps. If you love me you will look at at least 10 then you can skip the remaining 116. Stephanie said to enjoy...

http://davidfrankphotography.zenfolio.com/

Speaking of links, I keep meaning to post the links to my friends blogs so you can compare how other folks are doing it.

http://www.nwartist.blogspot.com/ Lynn's is spiritual.

http://bigmoosemontana.blogspot.com/ Mary's is a budding family blog.

http://sandy-lifeisbeautifullifeiscrazy.blogspot.com/ Sandy's is the hardest working blog around. Truly a community service blog, she always has a prayer, an adoptable dog, movie previews, our complete book club reading list, stories about local folks overcoming, places to donate for charity, and a little about herself and her husband and best friend Jim.

May we all have a friend, it is so much help with those disappointing blahs.

I heard there was a blizzard during the Greenleaf trip. What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment