Thursday, March 11, 2010

Logistics, Tal, Book Review

I have eight confirmed whale watchers -- Kathy, Mike, Roger, Stephanie, Jerry, Jane, Jan and The Connorman.

I have two probables -- Jean and Brittany.

I have three maybes -- Julia, Nora and Christian.

I have one Hell No -- Andrew.

I have three confirmed and one maybe kayaker.

Roger will handle all kayaking logistics.

I'm working on the logistics of campsites, drive time, ferry travel and expense, tents and sleeping bags, pick up and delivery, Mukilteo bed and bath and wine consumption. All the important stuff.

Wait a minute, this whole trip is planned so Kathy can kayak with the whales for her fiftieth birthday so maybe that's the important part. I'll get back to you on that.

And speaking of colonoscopies: I think it is just the "geography" of the test that gives it such "bad press" because it wasn't all that bad. Mine turned out just dandy, the doctor said come back in ten years. And I didn't have to tell one single butt joke.

Tal is supposed to be in the Pacific Northwest today, maybe I'll get to see him. Today is Connorman playdate. Last night was book club, Olive Kitteridge wasn't all that beloved; some thought it was depressing, some thought Olive was tiresome because she didn't grow or change, some thought she fought hard for her own identity, one thought it was too much like an Anne Tyler book whom she doesn't like, we disagreed on Olive's level of awareness, sadness and lostness but agreed on her tenacity and the fact that her husband loved her, most thought Kathy Bates could play the part I voted for Ellen Burstyn, but everyone thought the style of the book, the writing and location was wonderful.

Until next logistics update, Tal report, or book review -- Ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment